Address:  111 W 67 Street, Apt. 26F New York, NY 10023

Phone:  (212) 362 0165

  • Earth_Hour_Web_Images.jpg
  • HYDRO_power.jpg
  • power_line.jpg
  • PV_panels.jpg
  • WIND_power.jpg
  • Gayser_steam.jpg
  • OIL_pumps.jpg

BOCH CONSULTING, LLC

ENERGY MANAGEMENT

Energy Consumption in Buildings


Between 1980 and 2009 energy consumption in the U.S. buildings increased by 48%. Shares of the primary energy sources used by the U.S. buildings sector were: 

  • 75% came from fossil fuels,
  • 16% from nuclear generation, and
  • 9% from renewable.

In 2010, building sector consumed 41% of the primary energy sources, 30% the industrial sector, and 29% the transportation sector. Energy Information Administration (EIA) predicts that by 2035 the energy consumption will increase steady by 27% in buildings sector, 31% in industry cector, and 28% in transportation sector. The consumption of natural gas will increase by 17%. Use of non-hydroelectric renewable resources, including wind, solar, and biofuels, is expected to increase of 109%. 
The energy used for space heating and cooling, hot water supply, lighting will be close to 70% of total energy in building. The remaining 30% of energy will be used by appliances and ventilation.

 

Home Energy:

 http://broomfield.org/index.aspx?NID=1054; http://www.expertise.com/home-and-garden/home-solar-panels-pros-cons-and-hidden-costs

Zero Energy Building


Zero energy buildings combine energy efficiency and renewable energy generation to consume only as much energy as can be produced onsite through renewable resources over a specified time period. Achieving zero energy is an ambitious yet increasingly achievable goal that is gaining momentum across geographic regions and markets. Private commercial property owners have a growing interest in developing zero energy buildings to meet their corporate goals, and in response to regulatory mandates, federal government agencies and many state and local governments are beginning to move toward zero energy building targets. The NIBS Common Definition for Zero Energy Buildings report will be available in summer 2015.

More reading on: http://energy.gov/eere/buildings/zero-energy-buildings


Energy Efficient Buildings


Energy efficiency has become a central part of corporate and government strategies to reduce carbon emissions and manage assets in a more strategic manner. The global market for energy efficient buildings is thus supported by country- and region-wide legislation and initiatives. Governments worldwide are introducing policies aimed at promoting energy efficiency through incentives, prescriptive measures, building codes, and other means. Coupled with rising energy prices, these policies are driving governments and organizations to adopt new technologies to monitor and control energy use in buildings.

Source:

https://www.navigantresearch.com/research/energy-efficient-buildings-global-outlook

Vision 2020: Moving Building Technology to the Era of Zero-Energy Buildings

 https://buildingdata.energygov/cbrd/resource/1935#sthash.6iuXYIhJ.dpuf  October 2014 Download


BUILDINGS ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS


Building Energy Management Systems


BEMS integrates four systems:

  • BAS - Building Automation System
  • TS - Telecommunications System
  • OAS - Office Automation System
  • CAFM - Computer Aided Facility Management System 

A recent report from Navigant Research assesses that global market for building energy management systems (BEMSs) revenue Is expected to total nearly $55 Billion by 2024.

Sources:

 http://www.abscompanies.com/

https://www.navigantresearch.com/newsroom/building-energy-management-system-revenue-is-expected-to-total-nearly-55-billion-from-2015-to-2024

Home Solar Panels: Pros, Cons, and Hidden Costs
Home solar powe r is a proven way to save money on your energy bills, and reduce your environmental footprint. To estimate electricity needs for your home and your budget this guides will help you
 http://www.expertise.com/green



HOME ENERGY MANAGEMENT PRACTICAL GUIDE

by EXPERTISE LLC of SEATTLE, WA   http://www.expertise.com/green

The site has links to many sites for reading on energy management and energy generation.